Location: Mississauga, ON / Toronto, ON
Size: 100,000 ft2
In the final stages of the Cadbury consolidation activity, Kraft Foods Global made the announcement that they were splitting the organization with a global deadline of August 2012.
Mondelēz International is headquartered in the Chicago suburb of Deerfield, Illinois.
The strategy had to take into account an extensive list of considerations, including:
- Lease activities (600,000 sq. ft.) at multiple locations across Canada and US
- Programming activities (complete identification of employees existing space, role which is then translated into future state)
- Partnerships with vendors who could collaborate, change and execute to meet our ferociously demanding requirements
Project execution included activities such as:
- Vendor interview and selection activities (design, furniture, construction, move management, project management, physical move team, change management)
- Extensive and detailed project management curriculum
- Consolidation of employee’s from all existing corporate real estate (CRE)
- Tenant Improvement build out and close out activities
- Swing space planning and execution in multiple locations at the same time on a much larger scale than the Cadbury activity
- Human Resources (HR) and Change management integrated activities across the portfolio
- Information Technology (IT) and Audio Visual (AV) considerations, creation and consolidation
With the contributions of key vendor partners, this work was planned in seven months, executed with a large integrated team which culminated of two weekends of moves (1,100 people), 5,000+ move boxes and 1,000+ hours of work – offices in Toronto and Mississauga were moved into and out of – with no disruption to business activities.